Friends of Library
Friends of Library
Who we are and what we do
Established in 1991, after succeeding the Rehoboth Library Guild, we offer support for the Rehoboth Beach Public Library in a number of ways:
• Promote awareness of the functions, resources, services and needs of the library
• Cooperate with the Library in developing services and facilities for the community
• Aid the Library in community programs
• Raise funds to purchase materials and pay for programs that are not supplied by the library budget
• Receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library
Annual Friends Events
Chocolate Festival on Saturday, March 2nd, 2013 at the Rehoboth Beach Convention Center.
Summer Cocktail Party, date and location to be announced.
How we are funded
Besides membership dues and other contributions, we are funded by the following efforts throughout the year:
• Co-sponsorship of the Rehoboth Beach Chocolate Festival (March)
• Three Bridge Luncheons (Winter, Spring, Fall)
• The Friends Summer Cocktail Party (August)
• Special Fund Drives
The Friends have accomplished much in the past twenty-one years. We are proud of our membership of over 200, their enthusiasm and support. To date, together, we have donated over $249,000 to the Rehoboth Beach Public Library.
Since our last membership drive, we have held two of our popular bridge luncheons; sponsored, along with Rehoboth Beach Main Street, the successful Chocolate Festival, and held our annual summer cocktail party. The funds raised from these endeavors have enabled us to purchase books, CDs, DVDs, and eBooks; sponsor children's programs and activities; and provide items requested by the library board.
Our active board meets monthly to plan upcoming events. We also work with library staff to implement and aid their plans and programs wherever we can. We publish four newsletters per year and have a fall Annual Membership Luncheon Meeting, as well as continuing our membership in the statewide Friends of Delaware Libraries.
We cordially invite you to join with us because TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Priscilla R. Smith