Become a Friend!
Friends of Rehoboth Beach Public Library is a nonprofit 501c(3) and in opperation for more than 25 years! Benefits of becoming a friend include:
- Quarterly newsletter with Friends activities and library happenings
- Invitation to annual cocktail party
- Free admittance to preview night
of the library’s semi-annual book
- The satisfaction of knowing that
you are supporting an important
resource for residents and visitors
Another great year!
2016 was a banner year for the Friends of the Rehoboth Library. In May, we held our first 5K event, the Rehoboth Run-for-the-Books. It was well-supported by our sponsors, well-received by our participants, and rated #2 among all the 5Ks in the state by Best Things Delaware!
In early September, our annual Summer Cocktail Party was a rousing success, and our most profitable fundraiser to date.
As a result, we were able to donate $25,000 to the Rehoboth Public Library in 2016, bringing our all-time total to more than $366,480!
The funds we raise enable us to purchase books, CDs, DVDs and eBooks, sponsor children’s programs and activities, and provide items requested by the library board.
Looking ahead to 2017, we see an even greater need for library funding to be supplemented by the efforts of the Friends of the Rehoboth Beach Public Library. Won’t you please help us?
We cordially invite you to join with us today, because TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Priscilla R. Smith
Who we are and what we do
Established in 1991, after succeeding the Rehoboth Library Guild, we offer support for the Rehoboth Beach Public Library in a number of ways:
- Promote awareness of the functions, resources, services and needs of the library
- Cooperate with the Library in developing services and facilities for the community
- Aid the Library in community programs
- Raise funds to purchase materials and pay for programs that are not supplied by the library budget
- Receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library
- Amazon Smile
For more information, check out the Races2Run website.
Annual Friends Events
Summer Cocktail Party, date and location to be announced.
How we are funded
Besides membership dues and other contributions, we are funded by the following efforts throughout the year:
- The Friends Summer Cocktail Party (August)
- 5K Run-for-the-Books (May)
- Special Fund Drives