Membership is more rewarding than ever...
Join or Renew Today!
Our membership levels are designed to recognize and thank you for your generosity, and to encourage your participation. Please consider moving up to a higher level to enjoy these benefits. As always, all memberships are per household.
Our membership levels are:
- Friend ($25)
Receive our quarterly newsletter and a bumper sticker to show your "locals" pride
- Caring Friend ($50)
All of the above, plus a 10% discount card for used books, library merchandise, and meeting room rentals
- Generous Friend ($100)
All of the above, plus a complimentary donor appreciation reception
- Best Friend ($500)
All of the above, plus 2 complimentary tickets to the 24th Annual Summer Cocktail Party
- Lifelong Friend ($2,000)
For a single $2,000 payment, be enrolled at the “Best Friend” level for life! In addition, your name(s) will be inscribed on a plaque for permanent display at the library.
What Changed...And What Didn't
2018 brought some notable changes to our organization:
- We introduced a whole new approach to membership levels, with tiers of member benefits to show our appreciation for your generosity.
- We bid a fond farewell to our retiring President, the remarkable Priscilla Smith, who has led this organization for more than 25 years. All of us who care about our library owe her a debt of thanks for her energy and vision.
What remained constant was the incredible support that we receive from our members and community:
- You responded enthusiastically to our 2018 membership drive, helping to raise approximately $25,000 in memberships alone.
- The "Run-for-the-Books 5K" and our annual summer cocktail party together netted us another $23,000.
You reap the benefits every time you check out a book, read a magazine, or enjoy a program at the library. In fact, every single program, new book, and magazine is 100% funded by the Friends of the Rehoboth Beach Library. We hope that you will join or renew your membership in 2019 so that our good work can continue!
Who we are and what we do
The Friends of the Rehoboth Beach Public Library is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) civic organization that is focused entirely on supporting the Rehoboth Beach Public Library. Established in 1991, after succeeding the Rehoboth Library Guild, we offer support for the Rehoboth Beach Public Library in a number of ways:
- ALL money raised by the Friends is used exclusively to benefit the Rehoboth Beach Public Library
- Every new book, DVD or CD in the library collection as well as every magazine, newspaper and every enrichment program for young & old is 100% funded by the Friends
- Promote awareness of the library's functions, rescources, services and needs
- Collaborate with the library in developing programs and facilites for the community
- Receive and encourage gifts, endowments, and bequests to the library
Annual Friends Events
- Summer Cocktail Party, date and location to be announced.
- Run-for-the-Books 5K! For more information, check out the Races2Run website.
How we are funded
Besides membership dues and other contributions, we are funded by the following efforts throughout the year:
- The Friends Summer Cocktail Party (August)
- Run-for-the-Books 5K (May)
- Special Fund Drives
- Amazon Smile -- It's easy to support the library every time you shop on Amazon.com. It cost you nothing and Amazon.com will donate 0.05% of the list price on qualifying items. Follow the link to see how.