Sea Witch 2019 Silent Auction
Current High Bid Is:
- A corner of the balcony is reserved for a WRDE videographer; the rest of the space is for your party.
- Meeting room can be set up with a TV/DVD or projector if desired, at no extra cost.
- Alcholic beverages are allowed; however, a Delaware alcoholic beverage/gathering license is required. Library can provide the form if you wish to serve alcohol at your event.
- Winning big gains access to the two reserved parking spaces and second floor of the library from 9AM through 4PM on Saturday, October 26, 2019. The Sea Witch Parade is scheduled to begin at 11AM.
- The amount of the winning bid plus a fully refundable security deposit of $150 is required by October 12th. Once the bid is accepted, the reservation for use of the upstairs meeting room cannot be cancelled, unless the parade itself is cancelled, in which case a full refund will be given.
- The library's usual policies with regard to the use of library meeting rooms remain in effect, including the requirement for insurance. Items may not be stored overnight, and the room must be cleared by 4PM. Access to the room prior to 9AM may be arranged for an additional $150. Specific arrangements regarding arrival time and which vehicles will be using the parking spaces to be finalized with the library by October 24th. Additional information about these policies can be found here.
Tuesday, September 17, 2:00pm
This summer, the Rehoboth Beach Public Library will be hosting a basic Computer Skills class every third Tuesday of the month at 1:00pm. The first half of the class will consist of a crash course in the basics of getting around on a computer. There will be a significant amount of time afterwards to address specific questions or topics that students want to learn more about. While beginners and novices are likely to get the most out of this class, all are invited to attend and bring their devices with them for more direct instruction. Laptops and mice will be provided for students.
Registration for these classes is preferred as it helps our instructors plan accordingly. If you have any questions about the classes, or you have a specific topic in mind that you'd like to learn more about, please don't hesitate to give us a call at (302) 227-8044.
Tuesday, September 17, 6:00pm
Begun fifty years ago, The Mutual UFO Network (or MUFON) is a worldwide organization of UFO aficionados, researchers, and enthusiasts who use scientific methods to investigate UFO occurances. Far more than fly-by-night esoterica, MUFON publishes a monthly online UFO journal, has a team of over 500 trained field investigators, and boasts a membership of over 40,000.
Join Bill Weber, the state director of MUFON Delaware, as he shares a plethora of information concerning the history of MUFON, along with details about a possible mid-air collision between an aircraft and a UFO in the Allentown area. Attendees will be invited to ask questions during this thoughtful, engaging presentation, as well as learn more about how they themselves can get involved with MUFON.
Bill Weber has held numerous positions with MUFON during the 24 years plus he has been with them. As a Certified Field Investigator, he has investigated over 90+ cases ranging from anomalous lights, orbs and objects up to and including possible abduction cases.
We hope you'll join us for this out-of-this-world program!
Thursday, September 19, 5:00pm
Help support our library and enjoy a fun night out with friends!
Instructor Barbarann Fagley will be coming to the library to do a paint class designed for all levels of experience, including beginners. The room will open up at 5:00 for an hour to socialize and enjoy refreshments, with the class starting promptly at 6:00. It is recommended that you wear old clothing and/or bring an apron. All other supplies will be provided at the class.
Cost: $35 per person; half the proceeds go to the library. To register, click here.
Friday, September 20, 10:00am
An educational seminar discussing strategies for all your health insurance and Medicare needs in retirement. We will address Medicare changes, how to comprehend all the choices, understanding all the letters (A, B, C and D) and all the Plans (F, G and N). Timeframe for when to sign up for Medicare will be discussed, as well as penalties, and a review if you are currently on Medicare.
Registration must be through The Money School. For additional information or to register, please click here or call 877-307-6858.