Thursdays 1:30-3:00 p.m.
Socrates Cafe is a community of philosophically-minded inquirers asking broad-based, timeless, and meaningful questions about life. Be part of a gathering of people from different backgrounds exchanging thoughtful ideas and experiences. Moderators volunteer from the group. Free and open to all; no reservation required.
Socrates Cafe is a refreshing alternative!
Here's how it works:
- Participants propose questions for the day
- Question of the day determined by vote
- Discussion proceeds around the table
- Participants may speak or pass in their turn
- Speakers address the group as a whole
- Focus is on respectful sharing of ideas