Information on Technology Open Sessions
Now offering Information on Technology (IT) open sessions every Wednesday from 11am-2pm on a first come, first serve basis.
Not sure how to use your new iPhone? Questions about that new app you downloaded? Want to understand all the features Overdrive has to offer? Come in and meet with our new volunteer IT specialist – Justine – and she will help you navigate any technology questions you might have. Below are some examples of a just a few of the items she has experience with:
- Operating systems: Windows & Mac
- Devices: Laptops, smartphones, tablets, cameras (photo and film), SmartTechnology.
- Apps: Overdrive, DLC, Flipster, Kindle.
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc), Pages, Adobe software (including Acrobat, Photoshop, Premiere), pre-installed Apple (mac) programs.
- Other Programs: Skype, WhatsApp, Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Netflix, Hulu, etc
- Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest.
- General technology questions - Don’t see what you’re looking for? Call and ask anyway! These are just a few examples.
Please note that the in-house IT specialist does not handle hardware problems (such as broken or malfunctioning devices).
Private sessions are offered by appointment only and based on availability.